Rejected Honey Bee [Easy] (re-did thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

balls_12

Dedicated Member
ELITE
balls_12
balls_12
ELITE
Ratings
93 5
Map Name: Honey Bee
Difficulty: Easy
33 Jumps
3 Checkpoints
/plot v Repuloh:2

2019-10-01_19.26.07.png

2019-10-01_19.26.13.png

2019-10-01_19.26.23.png

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Not sure why this didn't post earlier today, sorry for the late review (might've been internet issues that I didn't notice).
A lot of the jumps are floating outside of the bee, so I suggest trying to stick them to the sides of the bee.
Also, the map is mostly normal block jumps which isn't considered particularly good map design; I suggest changing some of the jumps, particularly on the outside, to another type of block such as ladders. This would not only diversify the parkour, but also improve the build a bit by removing the odd blocks that stick out from it.
Lastly, the build is rather blocky, I think it would benefit if it was more rounded.

balls_12

Dedicated Member
ELITE
balls_12
balls_12
ELITE
Ratings
93 5
I swear I’m gonna have like 500 rejected maps eventually ;P

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hello!

Unfortunately, I will be rejecting this map due to the following reasons :(. To begin with, the theme is original, as there are no 'Bee' related maps just yet and the build is pretty well done, and decently attractive. My only concern is the parkour, first of all most of it is floating, which in map submissions we usually look down upon as it makes the build look messy and unorganized, it's also too repetitive, most of the jumps have almost no variety. For the rest, the length and difficulty fit what you're going for! And the checkpoints are evenly spread apart.

In the future when creating and submitting maps, remember that floating parkour is downed upon on map submission, as it makes the build look messy. I would also recommend adding much more variety to the parkour, this can include fences, brewing stands, glass, etc.!
If you could make some of these changes to your map, I would be happy to accept!

Thank you for taking the time to create, and submit this map! I'd love to see more from you :D
Luci

Status
Not open for further replies.