Guide: The Basics to Starting Survival!

If this helped, and I were to make a second guide, which would you rather me do?

• Making money.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • More in depth guide to Survival commands.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Explanation to custom enchants, bosses, etc.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

ctrless

Dedicated Member
ELITE
gorekiss
gorekiss
ELITE
Ratings
185 12
HEADER.jpg

Hello everyone! Since I play on Survival almost everyday, it's very common to see new players (or even active players) have questions about how Survival works! This will be a little guide on how to start your adventure on the Survival server and a few tips along the way.

Starting out.jpg

Survival is an economy-based server and is basically a peaceful version of factions. In this case, instead of /f or factions we use /p or parties for commands! When you first join the server, and you type in public chat you will have a [4-] next to your username, which means you don't have a party and will look a little something like this:

No Party.png

To create a party simply do the command /p create (what you want your party name to be), then you will be prompted to do the command /p desc (what you want your party description to be). Once you have created your party, you are then able to begin your adventure in Survival! The first place you are at when you join is spawn, and in order to get out out of spawn, use the command /wild or /rtp which will teleport you to the wilderness where you will be ready to build and claim!

claiming.jpg

As I said above, Survival is a peaceful version of factions and you are able to claim your land to protect it. Instead of using tools such as a shovel to claim, our claiming system uses chunks. Chunks are a 16x16 block radius, and claim from bedrock to the maximum height limit. To see chunks, press the keys F3 and G, which will look like this:

chunk.png

When you first make your own party by yourself, you are able to claim 20 chunks. For each player invited to the party, your party power gets added another 20 chunks. Players with the rank MVP+ are able to provide 50 chunks, instead of 20. So if you had 2 members in your party, you would have 40 chunks to claim.
To view the amount of chunks your party is able to claim, use the command /p who, which looks like this:

p who 2.png

This party has 719 claims all together, and only has 555 currently claimed!

party commands.png

Once you have made your own party and know how to claim, maybe you want to invite some friends into your party! To do this, use the command /p invite (username), then the player can accept the invitation with /p join (party name). When a player first joins a party, their rank in the party is a Recruit. To promote them, use the command /p promote (username), which will then promote them to Normal Member. The next rank is Moderator, followed by Co-Leader. In order to demote a player use the command /p demote (username). All of these ranks have the default permissions to do nothing in the party, so the Leader of the party needs to give them permissions to build, break, claim, open chests, etc. To do this, use the command /p perms which will bring this screen up:

p perms.png

Upon clicking the role you want to set permissions for, this screen comes up:

p perms 2 .png

On this page, the glass is named for each action that role is able to do. When you left click the glass, it will turn from blue to Green indicating they are able to use that action. When you right click the glass, it will turn from blue to Red indicating they are NOT able to use that action. Be careful while setting these, as setting Neutral allows all non-party members to use that action on your claimed land! Tip: Griefing is also not allowed and is also bannable!

summary.jpg

So those are the basics to starting Survival! It may seem confusing when you first begin, but it's pretty easy to understand once it's explained! I would also suggest reading both Global and Survival rules here , or if you need help you can contact me or any other staff in-game or on Discord! My discord is madison#0693.

Thank you for taking the time to read this (If you did) and I hope this helps new players out so they can enjoy Survival! It was fun making this. Opinions on a part two?

Madison

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
imagine not having a party-

JK LOVE YOU MADI <3 might actually play now oxox