Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
Howdy dear Manacube players,
I decided to make this post after the player cap/connection issues Manacube had last night. I am going to make this post based on the main gamemode I play aztec skyblock but I've seen this happening in other gamemode's too. Basically skyblock is all about afk2win right now. You just afk your ig farms and put your money on island top. Current competition of aztec right now is who can run the most alts to most farms. Manacube's rules are 5 accounts per IP and people use vpn's, proxies to bypass this limit and I know staff especially modearators can't really do much about it, this was okay to a point there were 2 people on aztec that would run 50-100 alts (not gonna give their names, I have respect for them and love them so much) and everybody knew that they were the rulers of aztec and barely anyone could pass them at some point. Then 2 more people joined and of course to the goal of trying to pass them so they decided to run 100+ alts too. Guess what, aztec went poof. Now I can't even run 1 alt neither any of the non-ranks can't get in. Whole 400 players on aztec are donator's and their alts. Which makes active non-rank players mad as well as ranked people that just wants to run 1-2 alts. Shoutout to Mike and Slime they came up with bunch of suggestions for next season about how we can improve skyblock and one of them was to removing alt2win which I hope works out. and I hope Manacube higher-tier staff decides to take some action about this alt situation. Thanks for reading this thread, hope you guys have a great day/night.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Yes. It honestly doesn’t seem fair that people can get rich just because they bought 5 more accounts.

staviette

ELITE
Ratings
If it's any consolation, I run a lot less alts now than I did at my prime. And I even turned a few more off yesterday, but those slots got instantly filled by the other people's alts.

Personally I kind of find a game of who can manage to get the most alts online kind of a fun technical challenge, but its no fun doing it at the expense of all the regular players!

Technically nobody is breaking the rules - the limit as stated in the rules, and which is actually enforced is 5 *per IP address*. Not per player or per team. Really I think it should have been limited to something like max 20 per team, or banned alt islands altogether. But that's not the way things were decided for this season, and it's kind of too late to change them now.

But the season is almost over, and with me gone and no point in having alts any more, everyone will be happy with the 5-20 players online like olympus has now so there won't be any issues.

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
If it's any consolation, I run a lot less alts now than I did at my prime. And I even turned a few more off yesterday, but those slots got instantly filled by the other people's alts.

Personally I kind of find a game of who can manage to get the most alts online kind of a fun technical challenge, but its no fun doing it at the expense of all the regular players!

Technically nobody is breaking the rules - the limit as stated in the rules, and which is actually enforced is 5 *per IP address*. Not per player or per team. Really I think it should have been limited to something like max 20 per team, or banned alt islands altogether. But that's not the way things were decided for this season, and it's kind of too late to change them now.

But the season is almost over, and with me gone and no point in having alts any more, everyone will be happy with the 5-20 players online like olympus has now so there won't be any issues.
I agree with you stav, it’s 5 accounts per ip and its not breaking any rules but in the manners of kindness people run unnecessary amounts of alts to the point it makes our server crash every 30 minutes or to a point our server is full and no-ranks can’t get in. They are most likely removing alt2win next season so i’m glad.

FadingGeneral

MVP+
FadingGeneral
FadingGeneral
MVP+
Ratings
I don't know where you got the info from that 5 alt accounts are allowed per IP address, but I don't think that is the case. Looking at the Network Rules says nothing about alt limits, but when you go to the wiki page about alt limits it says this: "On Skyblock, players are limited to 5 accounts on Manacube at a time. Their main and 4 alts.". These players seem to be actively breaking the rules, and getting away with it since they are using VPNs and other methods. Even if staff know that people are breaking the rules, they likely can't prove it since on their end it would show that there are 5 or less connections per IP, when in reality it's actually disguised to look that way and there are more than 5 connections on the true IP.

If VPNs and other methods exist to hide IP addresses, there must surely be some methods that can be used to counter them, and bring this situation under control.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I don't know where you got the info from that 5 alt accounts are allowed per IP address, but I don't think that is the case. Looking at the Network Rules says nothing about alt limits, but when you go to the wiki page about alt limits it says this: "On Skyblock, players are limited to 5 accounts on Manacube at a time. Their main and 4 alts.". These players seem to be actively breaking the rules, and getting away with it since they are using VPNs and other methods. Even if staff know that people are breaking the rules, they likely can't prove it since on their end it would show that there are 5 or less connections per IP, when in reality it's actually disguised to look that way and there are more than 5 connections on the true IP.

If VPNs and other methods exist to hide IP addresses, there must surely be some methods that can be used to counter them, and bring this situation under control.
This is exactly why the top player on Aether s3 and Oasis this season was banned.
They were violating the rules and were punished as a result.

Not sure whats changed since that makes them no longer punish these people, but I think its a bit shameful.

staviette

ELITE
Ratings
Dont worry it will all be fixed with the reset - next season alts will be pretty much useless.

Personally I dont even use VPNs or anything like that I just get friends running alts for me.

staviette

ELITE
Ratings
Hmm...looks like they edited the rules page when olympus reset and changed some things about alts there.

awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
I agree, same goes with survival where sometimes a lot of non-ranked players cannot get into the server, but not to the extent you've mentioned here. Hopefully we see something happen with a possibly upcoming reset to make it more grind to win instead of pay/afk to win.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I would like to add that with the account migrations stuff happening with Minecraft, alt shops will be taking a hit- account security will be increased, and if an account hasn't been migrated, it cannot be logged into. I believe that alt shops usually make migrated accounts more expensive as opposed to normal SFAs, but don't quote me on this one- I don't really know much about alts or alt shops.

staviette

ELITE
Ratings
Yes with the migration cheap disposable alts are likely to be a thing of the past. Microsoft has significantly better security and detection of suspicious account activity.

Which is one of the reasons why moving away from needing alts is a good thing. The way olympus runs now you are fine with 0 alts, and at most could make use of a couple alts just to keep a plot or handful of spawners active. Nothing close to what we have now.

So it wont be long before this goes away entirely. Those alt shops will be pretty much dead.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I know for Olympus a couple of my clanmates use alts to keep the plots loaded- just so that crops grow or prevent mobs from despawning, but of course, it's nowhere as insane as the number of alts being used to AFK grinders on Skyblock. Personally, I've never had to use that many alts- at most 1 or two. But I can understand how it's important for players who are playing competitively to have larger grinders, and as such needing more accounts so that they can keep all chunks loaded. I really hope that this gets fixed next season, as I don't see it getting changed this far into the season.