Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Hi everyone!

I have another topical/conversational post to spice up the forums a little bit as its been very dead. Also I am bending forum rules in posting this here instead of off topic discussion but I believe this question is topical and relevant to the Manacube community and therefore technically fits this subform it also is part of the dominant discourse currently taking place on the server. Regardless my question is simply put,

If/when you have to quarantine or school/work is cancelled how will you spend your acquired free time?

Will you be in online school, working from home or playing Minecraft? Go into some detail going and if you like give your thoughts about the Corona Virus itself.

Raptor

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
I work retail. No time off so we can cater to those who think they need to buy everything off the shelf for themselves

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I work retail. No time off so we can cater to those who think they need to buy everything off the shelf for themselves
There you go! I personally think its a bit silly and in all supermarket chains in Australia a limit on certain goods has been restricted.
Do you think that'd be a good idea for where you live?

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Spending time sleeping is quite efficient, basically hibernating and waiting for the storm to blow over. Though unfortunately Australia's schools are still open...

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Well... I'll probably be lurking on Discord a lot. I have an online course so I should be working on that, hopefully my laptop will be fixed soon so I can get other work done as well. I sound very productive, but knowing me I'll spend most of my hours getting yelled at by my sister to get off my lazy ass or grinding on Manacube.
To be completely honest, I understand why people are making such a big deal, but there's no need to be going to the store and stocking up so much that you could be stocked up till Christmas... seriously, I heard they sent the police into Walmart to break up fights because people were stealing things from other shoppers' carts... and there is word that some store (or maybe all the stores in my area) are out of TOILET PAPER. So people were improvising and I think they were using PAPER TOWEL or TISSUES instead...
So if you're one of those people panicking and buying everything under the sun? Stop being an item hoarder... we just really don't need that in our society... and I'm assuming from what Sonic said, it's happening not just where I live.

jayjayrox

Dedicated Member
Banned
jayjayrox
jayjayrox
MVP+
Ratings
157 29
Well being that i'm homeschooled I can just do school at home, and carry on with life as it goes by. Lurk on discord to see how sexy you're still Sonic :), and watch videos.

People are making the virus seem like everyone is dying, and by people not buying anything and Governments not getting money from tax, we might actually go through another great depression :/. And with the influx of toilet paper being bought like spiders breeding it's just bs.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Spending time sleeping is quite efficient, basically hibernating and waiting for the storm to blow over. Though unfortunately Australia's schools are still open...
I reckon they'll close soon mate no stress.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Well... I'll probably be lurking on Discord a lot. I have an online course so I should be working on that, hopefully my laptop will be fixed soon so I can get other work done as well. I sound very productive, but knowing me I'll spend most of my hours getting yelled at by my sister to get off my lazy ass or grinding on Manacube.
To be completely honest, I understand why people are making such a big deal, but there's no need to be going to the store and stocking up so much that you could be stocked up till Christmas... seriously, I heard they sent the police into Walmart to break up fights because people were stealing things from other shoppers' carts... and there is word that some store (or maybe all the stores in my area) are out of TOILET PAPER. So people were improvising and I think they were using PAPER TOWEL or TISSUES instead...
So if you're one of those people panicking and buying everything under the sun? Stop being an item hoarder... we just really don't need that in our society... and I'm assuming from what Sonic said, it's happening not just where I live.
Similar issues have been occurring in Australia I think its a bit of media hype albeit the disease is highly infectious and the real risk is to people in the over 70 category. Due to this high rate of infectivity the risk to elderly loved ones is high.
Proof: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Another facet of this is the 2 week recommended isolation period wherein most people live on a weekly shop throughout the first world countries and the prospect of running out of food or even the suggestion of it via social media/mainstream media tends to send people a bit mad. As going without food or the food that we love to eat in our day to day lives is a huge shift in reality for a lot of people. All in all this is not to downplay they virus as it has officially been declared a pandemic by WHO but rather highlight the power of main stream media to influence people around the world in how they behave and interact with other people.

Sucks that people are not being friendly and courteous to each other @Cookie Kat and I hope that you are staying safe from all those lunatics in Walmart!

Raptor

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Well being that i'm homeschooled I can just do school at home, and carry on with life as it goes by. Lurk on discord to see how sexy you're still Sonic :), and watch videos.

People are making the virus seem like everyone is dying, and by people not buying anything and Governments not getting money from tax, we might actually go through another great depression :/. And with the influx of toilet paper being bought like spiders breeding it's just bs.
Aha I try my hardest you're cuter though, also I think were safe from the Great Depression but the worlds economy about to take a bit of a hit and might send my country into recession yay! What videos you gonna be watching Jay ?

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
Ill probs do school work from home when i get off school, and then probs play with boomers on parkour for the rest of the time.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Similar issues have been occurring in Australia I think its a bit of media hype albeit the disease is highly infectious and the real risk is to people in the over 70 category. Due to this high rate of infectivity the risk to elderly loved ones is high.
Proof: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Another facet of this is the 2 week recommended isolation period wherein most people live on a weekly shop throughout the first world countries and the prospect of running out of food or even the suggestion of it via social media/mainstream media tends to send people a bit mad. As going without food or the food that we love to eat in our day to day lives is a huge shift in reality for a lot of people. All in all this is not to downplay they virus as it has officially been declared a pandemic by WHO but rather highlight the power of main stream media to influence people around the world in how they behave and interact with other people.

Sucks that people are not being friendly and courteous to each other @Cookie Kat and I hope that you are staying safe from all those lunatics in Walmart!

Raptor
Of course, I haven't actually gone to Walmart... but I heard it on the news, and I wouldn't really doubt it.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
my school is on spring break starting monday so idk if theyll shut down school but if they do (probably will) ill game mc
Btw Costco is out of toilet paper. Stay safe everyone!

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Ill probs do school work from home when i get off school, and then probs play with boomers on parkour for the rest of the time.
School hasn't been cancelled for you yet?

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Since yesterday I’ve heard my school will be closing for 3 weeks so, i’ll probably be playing on manacube a lot and finish my recent projects. Also i’m very happy that I can sleep longer now lmao. I will probably have online lessons, so I will still be doing some school actually.