Concerns About the Need for a Server Reset

Kneetendo

MVP
Kneetendo
Kneetendo
MVP
Ratings
I've been part of this community for just three days, and already, I've noticed something important that we should discuss. It's the matter of communication, or rather, the lack thereof, when it comes to the potential server reset.

It's not just me; many players have expressed their frustration about the lack of information or updates from the staff team and higher-ups regarding the possibility of a reset. It's like we're left in the dark, and that's understandably causing some unease among us.

I think we can all agree that clear and open communication is vital in any community. It's not about whether we should have a reset or not, but rather, about understanding what's happening and why.

As a newcomer, I may not have the full picture, but I believe it's crucial that we, as a community, express our concerns and expectations about communication. Knowing what's going on and being part of the decision-making process can help us feel more engaged and informed.

So, what are your thoughts on this issue?

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
Theres many realms on the server, and alot are also waiting on a reset, they typically reset them in the order they were last reset and since survival was one of the “more recent” to have reset they are probably 3rd or 4th in line at the moment if i had to guess. My suggestion is to enjoy playing on the server since you are new and you will have plenty of time to get established before survival resets!
Staff team doesnt always know when a realm is going to reset, yes they may be working on a reset so to say but they dont have the date its going to be released, thats up to Dacon. They are not allowed to say anything even if they know stuff.

Kneetendo

MVP
Kneetendo
Kneetendo
MVP
Ratings
Theres many realms on the server, and alot are also waiting on a reset, they typically reset them in the order they were last reset and since survival was one of the “more recent” to have reset they are probably 3rd or 4th in line at the moment if i had to guess. My suggestion is to enjoy playing on the server since you are new and you will have plenty of time to get established before survival resets!
Staff team doesnt always know when a realm is going to reset, yes they may be working on a reset so to say but they dont have the date its going to be released, thats up to Dacon. They are not allowed to say anything even if they know stuff.
I completely understand your point, and I think it's vital for the community to have a clear understanding of what's happening, especially regarding any potential resets. The lack of information can indeed be concerning, and it's frustrating not to receive any responses from Dacon.

Me myself, I've experienced so many frustrated members in the server about the wipe. It's been up since 2013, as far as I've been told. Perhaps it's worth considering if there's a 10-year anniversary or some other significant event in the server's history that could be a great occasion for a reset.

(Yes, I asked myself, but with no response, which is troubling in my opinion because I want to get some perks on the server, but I don't want to lose my money if the future is unsure on ManaCube.)

While we appreciate that staff members may not always have control over the reset dates, it would be reassuring to at least know the status and if a reset is indeed in the works. Open and transparent communication can go a long way in keeping the community informed and engaged.

Mr_DagALkeef_B7

Forum God
VIP+
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
Mr_DagALkeef_B7
VIP+
Ratings
534 98
You can buy anything you want from the server store. You won't lose items on resets that you buy them by IRL money. Also, SVAs can carry them on resets as well.

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
I completely understand your point, and I think it's vital for the community to have a clear understanding of what's happening, especially regarding any potential resets. The lack of information can indeed be concerning, and it's frustrating not to receive any responses from Dacon.

Me myself, I've experienced so many frustrated members in the server about the wipe. It's been up since 2013, as far as I've been told. Perhaps it's worth considering if there's a 10-year anniversary or some other significant event in the server's history that could be a great occasion for a reset.

(Yes, I asked myself, but with no response, which is troubling in my opinion because I want to get some perks on the server, but I don't want to lose my money if the future is unsure on ManaCube.)

While we appreciate that staff members may not always have control over the reset dates, it would be reassuring to at least know the status and if a reset is indeed in the works. Open and transparent communication can go a long way in keeping the community informed and engaged.
Im not sure you understand how this server works in terms of resets, while yes this server has been around for 10 years, the "whole server'" doesn't reset, each realms get seasons which are "resets" . This adds new features as well as resets the playing world. During a reset you keep, cubits, (vaulted) SVAs, ranks, wardrobes and (most) titles.

Theres also a monthly crate every month with a new theme (most the items from there you keep though resets as well)

There was a 10 year anniversary event, you can read about it here: https://manacube.com/threads/10-year-anniversary.90542/

Survival last reset July 19th 2022, you can read about it here: https://manacube.com/threads/survival-season-8.84385/

While yes, a year and a half for a reset is alot, they are working on other realms first. If you check out the "announcements" tab on the forums you can see all the resets and events that have happened SINCE the survival realm reset. (kitpvp, olympus, earth & a new factions beta)

I understand some players make it seem like survival is just getting "abandoned" but there are 10 total realms on manacube, a reset will happen when it is able to happen.

My advice is to not listen to players complaining about the server and saying it "needs to be reset" because you are new here and still have plenty of things to do, and it seems to me that they are making it unfun for you and making you feel like this server doesn't ever reset (which is has) things just take time and older realm seasons are first.

Kneetendo

MVP
Kneetendo
Kneetendo
MVP
Ratings
I did take a look at the 10-year anniversary event just now and the most recent Survival reset information you provided. It's reassuring to know that resets do happen, even if they may take some time, especially with other realms in the spotlight.

I hear you about not getting discouraged by the calls for a reset. I agree that, as a newcomer, I still have plenty to explore and enjoy on the server. It's all about having fun and contributing positively to the community, after all.

The reason I've been feeling a bit discouraged is that I've heard people say that Manacube is usually on top of resets and planning. However, this season has left me a bit nervous because some players have mentioned that the reset missed its deadline by a couple of months without much of an update, except for the recurring message of "Keep an eye on announcements"

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
I did take a look at the 10-year anniversary event just now and the most recent Survival reset information you provided. It's reassuring to know that resets do happen, even if they may take some time, especially with other realms in the spotlight.

I hear you about not getting discouraged by the calls for a reset. I agree that, as a newcomer, I still have plenty to explore and enjoy on the server. It's all about having fun and contributing positively to the community, after all.

The reason I've been feeling a bit discouraged is that I've heard people say that Manacube is usually on top of resets and planning. However, this season has left me a bit nervous because some players have mentioned that the reset missed its deadline by a couple of months without much of an update, except for the recurring message of "Keep an eye on announcements"
There was never a deadline announced for a survival reset, like i said dont listen to what anyone is saying about the reset stuff. There hasnt been any announcement regarding a survival reset so its not missed its deadline at all. Just continue enjoying your time on the server!

Cryst3al

ELITE
Cryst3al
Cryst3al
ELITE
Ratings
13 3
I've been part of this community for just three days, and already, I've noticed something important that we should discuss. It's the matter of communication, or rather, the lack thereof, when it comes to the potential server reset.

It's not just me; many players have expressed their frustration about the lack of information or updates from the staff team and higher-ups regarding the possibility of a reset. It's like we're left in the dark, and that's understandably causing some unease among us.

I think we can all agree that clear and open communication is vital in any community. It's not about whether we should have a reset or not, but rather, about understanding what's happening and why.

As a newcomer, I may not have the full picture, but I believe it's crucial that we, as a community, express our concerns and expectations about communication. Knowing what's going on and being part of the decision-making process can help us feel more engaged and informed.

So, what are your thoughts on this issue?
There is a large amount to what you can actually do on survival, if you find a purpose you won't get bored or want a reset. I personally wouldn't mind either way at the moment. They reset when they reset, the comms from the admins have always been a bit distant. Anyways, not a bad post but as a newcomer like you said you should just play and enjoy the game :)

Cryst3al

ELITE
Cryst3al
Cryst3al
ELITE
Ratings
13 3
bruv ive took a 6 month break, came back for 4, took another 2 month break, and no reset
I'm not 100% sure, but I started playing 3 years ago and have seen a number of resets of the time I've been here. Resetting to often can make some games feel like what you do has less impact. Perhaps instead of a reset we see some large updates that can happen without a reset? If people like this idea I might make a post so we can come up with suggestions for the staff team.

unarmingpizza32

MVP
UnarmingPizza32
UnarmingPizza32
MVP
Ratings
11 1
I agree certeinly , and everytime I go anywhere everyones always wanting a reset. Is it that hard to make a reset I mean does It really take that long? Enough with the new crates just make a reset happen and everyone will be happy and ima stop begging. So please reset.

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
I agree certeinly , and everytime I go anywhere everyones always wanting a reset. Is it that hard to make a reset I mean does It really take that long? Enough with the new crates just make a reset happen and everyone will be happy and ima stop begging. So please reset.

Resets arent as simple at the word makes them seem.
Each season gets updates with new content and even new worlds sometimes.
Unfortunately to improve the realms we play on it does take quite a bit of time to get a realm reset completed.

If it was as simple as a map wipe, yes it would be very fast, but like I said they are always adding new content every season for us and that is the part that takes time.