Chunk hoppers - what good are they?

KowboyMac

ELITE
KowboyMac
KowboyMac
ELITE
Chunk Hoppers.... HUH! Good God, y'all... What is it good for?

So I am trying to figure out what makes chunk hoppers so special. I've played on servers where there were Crop Hoppers - hoppers that automatically harvest crops in the chunk as soon as they fully mature. These were useful for fully automating farms without any redstone or farmer villagers.

But I don't yet see what makes Chunk Hoppers worth the expense. I figure you can use them when you feed spawners into an automatic grinder to pick up the items, but you can do that pretty easily with some flowing water and a regular hopper. What am I missing?

Swrds

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
652 7
Chunk Hoppers are hoppers that will pick up any item that is dropped in the same chunk as the Chopper. They also have a larger storage than standard Hoppers (54)
A great feature of Chunk Hoppers is the filter, you can add any item to the filter and the Chopper will only pick up those items. They're very good if you're grinding for a specific item (eg heads, ores etc) as you can set it so the Chopper only picks up that item. This could also be used to make a storage system, you can set each Chopper to pick up an item and feed them into separate chests.
Hope this helped :)

severalnote618

VIP+
SeveralNote618
SeveralNote618
VIP+
Chunk Hoppers are hoppers that will pick up any item that is dropped in the same chunk as the Chopper. They also have a larger storage than standard Hoppers (54)
A great feature of Chunk Hoppers is the filter, you can add any item to the filter and the Chopper will only pick up those items. They're very good if you're grinding for a specific item (eg heads, ores etc) as you can set it so the Chopper only picks up that item. This could also be used to make a storage system, you can set each Chopper to pick up an item and feed them into separate chests.
Hope this helped :)
is it ok if i sold 2 of them for 20 mil?? im not good with prices

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 296