Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Ive had the exact same experience as general, Anxi. You dont know how annoying it is when staff members tell you to not talk about staff members on the forums and to report them instead. If we were to do that we would be reporting every single staff member, excluding a couple like you Anxi. I believe the staff members mean well deep down otherwise they wouldnt have applied for the role but what general and I are trying to do is change this ideology that ranked/staff members are above "free to plays". There is no denying it. Ive heard from many people that they feel the same way I do about how cliquey the server feels, Ive also experienced it myself. Take it as if survival is highschool and the ranked/staff members are the popular kids and everyone else are the nerdy kids. I really want this to try and change on the server because I love this server, I love the people on the server and I love you Anxi youre one of the best staff members Ive ever had to deal with on a server and you really should be promoted. Youre efficient, open minded and youre willing to take personal time out of school to help players. You dont determine players punishments on who they know or what rank they are and I appreciate that. Anyway, what Im trying to say is that the ideology people carry is a bad habbit and its personally bad for the server. Multiple people have come to me to discuss the same feelings I do and its drawing people away. Look at TF2 for example. The community is toxic when it comes to free to plays because they havent payed like $100 for an unusual and then players get made fun of because TF2 is a "dead game". Gee I wonder why. Instead of pointing fingers and trying to deny this could we please just try to work together to make the server feel more inviting and equal. No one is to blame here and it may have seemed I was pointing fingers at ranked/staff members but thats meerly because of my experience. I hope you understand what Im trying to say and that we can all come together to change this. <3
Not gonna lie I hate the notion that ranked players are above others whilst I love lots of ranked people some of my dearest friends are non ranked! If this is what you’re tryna do this is absolutely the forum in my eyes to change the perception/practice or ideology of staff. It’s all about feedback and you reckon some could do it a bit better and that’s alright. Not gonna lie did not see this post coming out of you Ella but I really want to continue this conversation!!!

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I also appreciate where you are coming from I had 400+ hours before getting my rank and it changed the game for me a little bit but one way or another it’s possible to gain people’s respect. Look at people like @Friceman he bought his own rank with cubits and did not have one for the longest time. However he still garnered respect I think it’s perhaps a little bit to do with a rank but more the dedication you have to survival as if you participate in chat you gain the respect. However in saying that I definitely agree that having a rank means your questions and the like are more likely to be answered in chat. Maybe it’s the tag maybe it’s not I don’t think it’s a group mentality necessarily though. I play everyday and I am no higher or lower then any starting player and that’s why I like to help new players as their questions are often missed!
- Raptor

Ratings
18 2
Not gonna lie I hate the notion that ranked players are above others whilst I love lots of ranked people some of my dearest friends are non ranked! If this is what you’re tryna do this is absolutely the forum in my eyes to change the perception/practice or ideology of staff. It’s all about feedback and you reckon some could do it a bit better and that’s alright. Not gonna lie did not see this post coming out of you Ella but I really want to continue this conversation!!!
What do you mean "Not gonna lie did not see this post coming out of you Ella"

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
I love you Anxi youre one of the best staff members Ive ever had to deal with on a server and you really should be promoted. Youre efficient, open minded and youre willing to take personal time out of school to help players. You dont determine players punishments on who they know or what rank they are and I appreciate that
Thank you so much, I really appreciate you saying that - It means a lot!!
I really do understand your point of view but I'm not trying to shush anyone about any opinions they have. I don't think General was just "talking" about staff but more so being a little more hostile than what was necessary. I do understand what you're saying but I have to admit, I really don't see it. I've banned countless ranked players for breaking the rules. You don't see as many ranked players getting banned because they ARE ranked, they've paid money, who would waste that money by being banned? Non-ranked players are more likely to be breaking rules (This is literally just from what I've seen as a staff member) because they haven't devoted the time and the money to the server - So to them, it's whatever.
I don't understand the part where you say -
but what general and I are trying to do is change this ideology that ranked/staff members are above "free to plays"
Would you mind explaining that a bit further? I don't quite understand what you're saying - F2P / Free to play means that no payment is required to actually play/join the game, the developers/owners of the game make the money from advertisements or in-game purchases.
Are you saying staff/ranked players are required to pay, in order to play?

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
What do you mean "Not gonna lie did not see this post coming out of you Ella"
Well if you take our first conversation! Aha, but no I’m happy to see this kind of content especially within the survival sub forum I reckon you should make a seperate post about ranked v nonranked as it’s an interesting topic and would be a good discussion. It also can’t hurt it’s topical but also interesting